- 250 g sandwich cookies
- 225 g puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- butter, melted
4 ingredient puff pastry pinwheels
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Carefully twist sandwich cookies apart and remove the cream filling with a knife.
- Place the cream filling into one bowl and the cookies in the other.
- Beat the cookies in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add half of the ground cookies to the bowl with the cream and mix with a fork.
- Place the remaining ground cookies on a clean working surface and spread them out with a spoon until they are spread out to the size of the sheet of puff pastry.
- Lay out the sheet of puff pastry and brush the surface with a lightly beaten egg.
- Cover the ground cookies with the puff pastry, brushed side down.
- Remove the plastic wrapping on the other side and lightly roll out puff pastry.
- Cut into 12 equal sized squares and cut the corner of each square 2-3 cm inward towards the center.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each square.
- Spread the melted butter at the edges of each square.
- Lift the corners of the puff pastry, one at a time and fold them towards the center. This will create a “windmill” shape.
- Line a 20x30 cm baking pan with parchment paper and place the windmills on it.
- Sprinkle with the leftover ground cookies from the working surface.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by