- 50 ml olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers, hot
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 75 g feta cheese, crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- souvlaki pita breads , hot, to serve
Poached gegs in a spicy tomato sauce
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chili and onions. Sauté for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic, cumin and paprika. Stir often and sauté for about 2 minutes more, until the garlic softens.
- Put the tomatoes and sauce into a bowl and mash together with your hands.
- Add to pan along with ½ cup of water. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, until sit slightly thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs over the sauce, distributed evenly over the entire surface. Cover the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the yolks set. Spoon some sauce over egg whites being careful not to break the yolk.
- Sprinkle with parsley and crushed feta cheese. Serve with pita bread cut into triangles, for dipping!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by