Watch the video in sign language here.
- Preheat oven to 140* C (284* F) Fan.
For the marinade
- Beat the coarse salt, all-spice, chili flakes, 1 chicken buillon cube, black pepper, smoked paprika, brown sugar and in a food processor or in a mortar and pestle. Set aside until needed.
For the pulled pork
- Place a pan over heat and let it get hot.
- Score the meat and spread the mustard over the whole surface evenly.
- Pour the dry marinade and spread over the whole surface.
- Add some olive oil to the pan. Add the pork and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until golden on both sides.
- In a clay pot, add the onion, black beer and sautéed pork.
- Cover the pot with its lid and bake for 4 hours.
- When ready, remove from oven and place the pork shank on a cutting board to remove the bones.
- Pull the pork apart with a fork and pour the juices from the clay pot over it.
- Thinly slice the iceberg and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Cut the hamburger buns in half. Add the cheese to the top half of the buns and bake just until the cheese melts.
- When ready, remove from oven and spread mustard on to the bottom half of the buns. Add the pulled pork and iceberg.
- Cover and serve with fries.