- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
For the chicken
- Place a pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Place the chicken breast in a bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and toss to coat.
- Add it to the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper and brown on both sides.
- Prepare a small baking pan that is just big enough to hold the chicken breast, by placing the sprigs of rosemary and thyme on the bottom.
- When the chicken has browned nicely, add the garlic and butter to the pan.
- When the butter melts, place the chicken over the herbs and pour the butter over it. In this way all of the aromas from the herbs will soak in to the chicken as it is baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut in to diagonal slices that are 2 cm thick.
For the club sandwich
- Wipe the pan down with some paper towels and place over medium heat.
- Add the slices of bread and toast just until golden on both sides.
- When ready, remove from pan and set aside until needed.
- Wipe the pan down again and place over heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until golden and crunchy on both sides.
- When ready, remove from pan and set aside.
- Place pan back over heat and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Allow it to get hot, remove from heat and add the eggs, salt and pepper. Set it aside and the eggs will cook on their own from the heat in the pan.
- Spread some mayonnaise over the surface of each slice of bread and freshly ground pepper.
- To the first slice of bread, add 1 slice of cheddar, 1 slice of ham, 1 egg and 2 slices of bacon.
- To the second slice of bread, add 1 slice of cheddar, 1 slice of ham, some chicken slices, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper.
- Place the second slice of bread over the first slice. Cover with the third slice of bread and the first club sandwich is ready.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining 3 slices of bread to make another club sandwich.
- Cut it in to 4 equal pieces, using a serrated knife.
Serve with homemade fries!