Coronation Sandwich with Curry
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Fill a pot with water. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns, salt and chicken breast.
- Boil over medium to high heat for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken cooks all the way through.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes so the chicken can cool while in the water. Remove from pot and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. This is done so the chicken won’t fall apart when we cut it into pieces.
- When cold, cut into 2x2 cm cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, chives, mint, curry powder and honey. Use a spoon to mix until the mixture has all turned yellow in color from the curry powder.
- Season to taste.
- Spread onto sliced bread, cover with another slice and cut diagonally to make triangles.
If you want to store the sandwiches in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, simply spread some butter on the bread so it doesn’t become soggy from the filling!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by