- 8 g yeast
- 2 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 230 g water, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 50 g olive oil, +extra for the greasing
- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 10 slices kasseri cheese, cut in half
- 10 slices ham, cut diagonally
- oregano, dry
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Easy ham and cheese croissants
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a mixer, whisk together the yeast, sugar and lukewarm water.
- Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes, until the yeast is activated and bubbles rise to the surface.
- Add the salt and olive oil. Mix with the whisk attachment.
- Stop mixer, remove whisk attachment and replace with the hook attachment.
- Add the flour and begin beating on low speed until completely combined.
- Turn up mixer’s speed and beat for 8-10 minutes, until you have a nice, elastic dough.
- You can also do this by hand even though it will take longer to knead.
- Transfer dough to a bowl brushed with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rest in a warm place for 1 hour, until it doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- When dough is ready, divide into 2 pieces.
- Brush 2 baking pans with olive oil and line with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet that is 30 cm in diameter, dusting with extra flour to make it easier.
- Cut into 10 triangles.
- Add half a slice of cheese and half a slice of ham to each triangle.
- Sprinkle with some oregano and roll inward from the wider side to create croissants.
- Transfer to prepared baking pans and brush with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or some more oregano. This is optional.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- When ready, serve warm.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by