- 8 tablespoon(s) butter
- 300 g sweet potatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 6 slices bacon
- 350 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 20 sage leaves, fresh
- 8 eggs
- 80 g milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 400 g cream cheese
Sweet Potato Frittata
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Use a 25 cm ovenproof pan (no plastic handles).
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into1-2 cm cubes. Sauté them in a pan with 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper for at least 5 minutes, until they turn golden.
- When ready, remove them from the pan and set on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside until needed.
- Wipe the pan with some paper towels. Cut the bacon into 2 cm strips and sauté them in the pan. When it starts to turn golden, add the butter (reserve 1 tablespoon of butter to add to the pan at the end) and the chopped sage leaves.
- When the butter melts, transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until the bacon releases all of its aroma.
- Crack the eggs open in a bowl. Add some salt and grated gruyere.
- Add the milk
- The bacon and cheese are salty enough on their own, so be careful as to how much salt you will add.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the egg mixture and whisk with a fork.
- Add the bacon-sage mixture and mix.
- Add the reserved tablespoon of melted butter to the pan and add the sweet potato cubes in one layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop up spoonfuls of cream cheese and add them over the whole surface of the sweet potatoes.
- Pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by