- 2 tortillas, 25 cm each
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 slices cooked ham
- black edible food marker
- red edible food marker
School book tortilla sandwiches
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the tortillas into 2 rectangles 14x18 cm.
- Cut each rectangle into three even pieces so that you get 6 rectangles.
- Cut the cheese and ham slices into 4 squares.
- Add 3 pieces of cheese and three pieces of ham on each tortilla piece, alternately. The cheese, ham, and tortilla pieces that remain...just let your kids eat them!
- Fold the tortillas in half, and press them with your hands so that your “books” are stabilized.
- Write and draw the front side of each tortilla with the edible food markers, so that they all look like school books.
- Have a great school year!
You can add any kind of cheese or deli meat that you like in the tortilla sandwiches!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by