- 20 eggs
- red egg dye, for eggs that have already been boiled
- some leaves and flowers
- 1 cup of wine vinegar
- 1 pair of women’s stockings, cut in to pieces to wrap around the eggs
- oil, for shining eggs
Dyed Easter Eggs with Patterns
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Boil the eggs according to the directions specified on the package of dye.
- Set them aside to cool.
- Very carefully place a leaf or flower on to each egg.
- Very carefully wrap each egg in a piece of stocking, tightly. You want the leaf or flower to stick on the egg securely. If it doesn’t, the dye will pass under the leaf or flower and you won’t get the desired effect.
- Place a wide pot full of cold water and the vinegar over heat.
- Add the wrapped eggs in one layer.
- Follow the directions on the package to dye the eggs.
- When ready, unwrap and lightly rinse without rubbing.
- Pour some oil on to a soft cloth and gently rub on to the eggs to make them shine.
The nutritional chart only refers to the chart.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by