- 2 leeks, small
- 1 tablespoon(s) icing sugar
- 60 ml white wine, dry
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard
- 2 zucchinis, medium
- 2 eggplants, medium
- 2 tomatoes, small
- 4 beef steaks, boneless
- 4 chiapatas
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 400 g cream cheese, (100 g for each ciabatta)
Philly Steak Sandwich
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Sauté the leeks with about 2 tablespoons of water (so they don’t stick), in a pan over low heat. Mix until they soften and turn golden.
- Add the sugar, wine and mustard. Stir for about 10 seconds or until the liquid reduces and the leeks dry out (careful not to burn them). When ready, transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean the pan with some paper towels. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and turn heat to high.
- Add the zucchini and sauté until softened and golden on both sides. Add to bowl with leeks.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the eggplants. Sauté until softened and golden on both sides. If the eggplants seem too dry, add another tablespoon of olive oil. Don’t add more because eggplants have a tendency to soak up as much oil as you add. When ready, transfer to bowl with all of the vegetables and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes to the same pan. Sauté until softened and golden. Remove and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Keep the vegetables in a warm place.
- Place the steaks in a separate bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use the same pan or a grill pan to cook steaks over medium to high heat. Cook according to your preference.
- Toast the bread on the grill or on the oven grill. You can drizzle with some olive oil and toast in an 180* C (350* F) Fan preheated oven.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a piece of steak, vegetables and lettuce between each ciabatta sandwich loaf and serve!
I suggest you serve with baked potato wedges! Toast the bread on the oven so that it doesn’t get too soggy when it soaks up all the delicious steak juices!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by