- 1/2 teaspoon(s) yeast
- 280 g hard flour
- hard flour, for the dough
- 6 slices bacon
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 150 g mozzarella, grated
- 6 eggs, large
- pepper, black, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
Pizza with eggs and bacon
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Prepare pizza dough the night before.
- Add ¾ of a cup of water to the mixers bowl.
- Add the yeast. Mix with the hook attachment and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Set the speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Then, set the speed to high and mix until the mixture starts to look like a smooth dough. About 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured working surface. Divide into 2 equal parts and mold each piece into a smooth firm ball.
- Transfer to a large, floured baking sheet. Cover with a plastic bag. Tie the bag loosely and refrigerate all night.
- 1 or 2 hours before baking, place the dough in a warm place. Position the oven rack to its lowest level.
- Preheat oven to 250* C (480* F) Fan. Let it heat for 30 minutes and put pizza in oven.
For the filling:
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan with no oil over medium to high heat, until crispy. Place on a plate lined with paper towels. Chop into pieces.
- Dip your hands and one of the balls of dough in some flour. Roll out the dough to a 30 cm circle on a lightly floured surface. Prepare the other ball of dough in the same way.
- Dust the pizza dough with some flour. Turn the baking sheet over and line with parchment paper. Place the pizza dough on top.
- Sprinkle the pizza dough with half the parmesan, mozzarella and bacon pieces. Break 3 eggs over the dough and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. When the crust starts to turn golden brown, the cheese melts and the egg yolks are cooked, remove the pizza from the oven. Transfer the pizza to a large cutting board.
- Sprinkle with parsley, chives and onions.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Prepare and bake the second pizza in the same way.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by