- 400 g puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon(s) water, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano, dry
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds, black
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- spinach, baby, to serve
Pastry Breakfast Sandwich
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Lay the puff pastry sheet in a baking pan 20x30 lined with parchment paper and cut into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Fold half of the pieces in half, horizontally.
- Using a knife, cut the folded piece all around the border apart from the folded side, leaving a 2-3 cm gap so that when it is unfolded a window is created.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining 3 pieces.
- Place the cut out windows over the 4 uncut pieces of puff pastry and turn the edges inward with your fingers.
- Pierce the inner part with a fork so that it doesn’t puff up.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolk with a little water and brush over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with some oregano, black sesame seeds and salt.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Remove the 4 smaller pieces of puff pastry which will be added back again at the end like a lid.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the feta cheese turns a little golden.
- While baking, fry 2 eggs and cut the avocado into slices.
- When the puff pastry is ready, remove from oven and add one egg to two of the pieces and the avocado to the other two.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with puff pastry lids to complete.
- Serve with baby spinach.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by