- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 radicchio
- basil leaves, +extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- sweet chili sauce , to serve
- slices lime(s), to serve
Vegetarian rice paper rolls
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the carrot into thin strips of 1 cm thickness and add them into a bowl.
- Cut the pepper into strips, just like the carrot, and add them into the bowl.
- Halve the radicchio, cut it into thin slices of 0,5 cm thickness, and add it into the bowl with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the basil leaves, the salt, the pepper, the sesame oil, and mix the vegetables of the bowl with a serving spoon.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the bowl and let it sit in the water for 5 seconds until it starts softening. You do not want it to soften too much as you won’t be able to roll it.
- Remove the wrapper from the bowl and place it over a tea towel.
- Take a few of the vegetables and place them in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the one side of the wrapper so to cover the filling. Then, fold the two vertical sides. Roll the wrapper with the filling until it is sealed and there is a nice roll.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat the same process for all the remaining rice paper wrappers.
- Serve with the sweet and sour sauce in a bowl, basil leaves, and lime slices.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by