- 12 slices bacon, cut thick
- 12 slices mortadella
- 20 slices sandwich bread , crust removed
- 250 g cheddar, grated
- 720 g milk, whole
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, hot
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter, unsalted
- 30 g parmesan cheese, grated
Bacon Mortadella and Cheese Strata
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Cook the bacon for 10 minutes in a pan over medium heat, until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Brush a 33x22 cm baking pan with oil. Place 6 of the bread slices in the pan, cut if needed to fit properly. Spread half of the slices of mortadella over the bread. Sprinkle the bacon and grated cheddar evenly on top. Spread the remaining mortadella slices and cover with the remaining slices of bread, cutting them again if necessary.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the bread. Press down on the bread gently, to disperse evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
- Place the oven rack in the middle setting. Remove plastic wrap from strata. Melt the butter and spread over the top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and thyme.
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown. Should be served warm.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by