- 100 g walnuts
- 250 g prunes, pitted
- 400 g blanched almonds, finely ground
- 85 g oat flakes
- 85 g whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 g flax seeds
- 100 g orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon honey + extra for serving
Almond prune energy bars
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 170* C (338* F) Fan.
- Finely chop the walnuts and prunes
- Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients: ground almonds, oats, flour, baking powder, flax seeds, orange juice, the orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and honey.
- Mix thoroughly, until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 25x32 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the mixture, spread it in the pan and press on it to make even.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve with honey.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by