- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika, smoked
- 400 g red beans, canned
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 100 g cheddar, light, grated
- 1/2 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 5-6 mint leaves, finely chopped +extra for serving
- 4 tortillas
Tortillas with a red bean filling
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pan over medium to high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Thinly slice the onions, mince the garlic and add them to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili flakes and paprika. Mix.
- Add the red beans and tomatoes. Cook until all of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Add the cheese and finely chopped coriander and mint.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill the tortillas on a grill pan.
- Place the tortillas on a cutting board. Add ¼ of the filling on 4 tortillas and cover with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Cut into triangular pieces like a pizza and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by