- 2 liters water
- 1 kg beef rump
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 100 g celery
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 zucchini
- 100 g orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
Meat and orzo soup
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place the water in a pot over high heat to boil.
- Cut the meat in 2 cm cubes and add them to the boiling water. Cover with the lid and boil for 50 minutes. Skim the froth using a strainer spoon.
- Cut the potato into 1 cm cubes, the carrot in half and then in 0.5 cm thick slices. Finely chop the celery and set aside the leaves for later. Grate the tomatoes, finely chop the onion and cut the zucchini in half and then in 0.5 cm thick slices.
- When the 50 minutes have passed, remove the lid and add all of the vegetables, salt, and pepper. Boil for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Add the orzo and boil for 10 minutes stirring at times using a wooden spoon.
- Remove pot from heat. Add the olive oil and mix. Finely chop the celery leaves and add them to the pot.
- Add the lemon zest, season to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by