- 250 g chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) sunflower oil
- 30 g ginger, fresh
- 2 clove(s) of garlic
- 300 g spinach
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry
- 400 g chicken breast fillet, roasted
- 1 liter water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- lemon juice, of 1 lemon
Chicken and chickpea soup
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Soak the chickpeas in water for 8-10 hours. Drain
- Place a pot full of water over medium to high heat. Add the chickpeas and boil for 40-50 minutes, until they soften.
- When ready, drain and set aside.
- Place a pot over medium to high heat.
- Add the sunflower oil, thinly sliced ginger and minced garlic.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the ginger and garlic soften. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the spinach, curry, salt and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add to the pot.
- Add the water, bouillon cube and chickpeas.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, serve with lemon juice.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by