- 4 onions, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 g ginger, finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 200 g stock, fish
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) lime juice, of 1 lime
- 200 g coconut milk
- 1 kilo mussels, washed
- 1 bunch coriander
- French fries
Mussels in a Spicy Coconut Ginger Sauce
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Sauté the spring onions with some olive oil in a deep pan with a lid.
- Add the onion, ginger and hot pepper. Stir and sauté.
- Add the stock, brown sugar, lime juice and coconut milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes, over high heat, until the sugar melts and the tastes have a chance to combine with one another.
- Add the mussels. Cover with lid and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the mussels open. Discard any that do not open on their own.
- Serve in a bowl with broth and a generous amount of finely chopped cilantro.
Coconut milk and coconut cream are two different thing so make sure you use coconut milk!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by