Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
Surrounded by the rain and the cold, I wanted to prepare something that would bring back memories of summer. I came up with a recipe with tomato and fish that is light and summery. It’s actually a Neapolitan recipe that you really should try. The “crazy water” is used often by the Neapolitans. It’s essentially the process of poaching all of the ingredients in a broth made out of water, wine, oil, tomato and aromatics. Let’s prepare the fish in crazy water today! Healthy and tasty, infused with gentle aromas.
- In a large pan, add the water, the wine, the olive oil, and the garlic. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cherry tomatoes, the chopped parsley, aromatics, salt and pepper. Do not cover the pan.
- 5 minutes later, add the zucchini strips and boil for 1 minute, until tender.
- Remove the zucchini and strain.
- Put the fish fillets in to the crazy water. Let them boil for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve with olives and bread.