- 2 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 100 g bulgur wheat
- 2 tomatoes, medium, ripe, quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 300 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, medium, cut into thick slices
- lemon juice, of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1 kilo gilthead seabreams, cleaned
- 1/2 lemon, cut into slices
- 1/2 level teaspoon(s) chili flakes
Baked sea bream with bulgur wheat
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Refrigerate the pine nuts. This is a necessary step for them not to burn while toasting.
- Rinse the bulgur wheat several times, and let it soak in water for 3 hours.
- Drain the bulgur wheat and boil it for 5 minutes in a saucepan with plenty of water and a little salt.
- Remove from the heat, drain, and set it aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350° F) set to fan, and put a baking pan inside to get very hot.
- In a bowl mix the tomatoes, the pepper, the broccoli, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Pour the mixture into the hot pan and bake it for 15 minutes.
- At the same time, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan and lightly toast the pine nuts, over medium heat.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and add the vegetables into a bowl.
- Then, add the bulgur wheat, the onion, the pine nuts, the lemon juice, and the thyme.
- Mix and spread the mixture into the baking pan.
- Season the fish well with salt and pepper, and add them to the pan over the bulgur wheat.
- Spread the lemon slices over their surface and sprinkle with the chili flakes.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Pine nuts are very sensitive to heat, so when you want to toast them, you should firstly refrigerate them as the cold will help them not burn.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by