- 500 g cod, desalted, skin removed and wrung well
- 100 g rusk, dakos
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1 egg white
- olive oil, for frying
Cod Fish Burger
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Beat the barley rusks, garlic and aromatics in a blender until finely ground.
- Add 2/3 of the codfish and egg white. Continue beating until completely combined.
- Add the last 1/3 to the mixture in pieces. Use your hands to mix but so not break down the pieces of fish. You want to get chunks of fish when you bite into the burger.
- Shape into 2 patties.
- Fry them in a pan with olive oil over high heat, until they are cooked through and golden brown on both sides.
- You can always cook the patties in the oven but keep in mind they will not turn our so golden.
- Serve fish burgers on hamburger buns with tartar sauce and fresh cucumber pickles and avocado slices.
If your mixture is too wet, add some breadcrumbs to soak up the moisture!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by