- 1 kilo potatoes
- juice, of 1/2 lemon
- zest, of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30 g white wine
- 340 g squid, canned in spicy sauce
- 3 spring onions
- parsley, to serve
Potato and calamari stew
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 cm cubes.
- Boil them in water along with salt, pepper and the juice from ½ a lemon for 12-15 minutes, until they soften.
- When ready, drain and set aside.
- Place a large pan over medium to high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the potatoes.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the 2 cans of calamari, finely chopped spring onions, salt and pepper (don’t add too much salt and pepper since the salt is already seasoned and spicy).
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley, lemon zest and extra virgin olive oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by