- 1 kilo mussels
- 150 g water
- salt, for the pan
- 150 g bread, crumb
- 70 g olive oil
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano, fresh
- 2 pinches salt
Baked stuffed mussels
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 230* C (446* F) Fan.
- Place the mussels and water in a wide pot with a lid and place over high heat.
- As soon as they come to a boil, boil for 4-5 minutes, until the mussels open up on their own.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the opened mussels to a bowl and discard any closed ones. Reserve the broth.
- Remove one side of the shell and keep the mussel on the other half of the shell.
- Spread the coarse salt on the bottom of a baking pan and place the mussels on the shell on the salt. Drizzle with some of the broth.
- In a bowl, combine the bread, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, parsley, oregano and salt.
- Divide the mixture equally over the mussels.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve
After boiling the mussels, keep only the ones that open on their own. Discard the ones that remain closed, since it is a sign that they are bad.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by