This recipe calls for fresh cod fillets not dried and salted cod. It is a light and tasty dish that is baked in the oven instead of fried.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the bread in a food processor until it breaks down into coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the lemon zest, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley. Continue beating.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, Drizzle with olive oil and the juice and zest from 1 lemon. Spread the marinade all over the fillets.
- Transfer to the baking pan and coat with the bread mixture. Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, until crunchy and golden brown.
For the yogurt tartar sauce:
- Finely chop the pickle and capers and transfer to a bowl. Add the grated zest and juice from 1 lemon and some finely chopped dill. Add the yogurt and mix with a spoon.
- Serve the fish with potato wedges and yogurt tartar sauce.