- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sea bream 500 g each, cleaned, gutted and filleted
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ chili pepper, finely chopped
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, red and yellow
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- parsley, finely chopped
- 100 ml water
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
The term “Acqua Pazza” meaning “Crazy Water” is used in Italian cuisine to refer to a recipe for poached white fish, or to simply refer to the lightly herbed broth used to poach it.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick pan over high heat.
- Carefully add the sea bream in to the hot oil.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Add the star anise so it can release its aroma.
- Add the garlic around the fish and cook for another minute.
- Add the chili pepper and the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the wine and let it boil for 1 minute.
- Add the water and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with lid and lower heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve sea bream with sauce. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some chopped parsley.