- 300 g smoked bacon, slab
- 500 g linguine pasta
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 ml heavy cream 35% fat
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 pinches garlic powder
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ bunch basil, finely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugar and encourages the reduction of high carbohydrate foods that may even contain natural sugars. Usually substitutes are used, such as honey, stevia and agave syrup.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a deep, nonstick pan over medium heat and let it get hot.
- Chop the slab of bacon in to cubes.
- Add it to the pan and sauté until golden.
- Boil the linguine in a pot full of salted boiling water, according to the directions on the package. They should be cooked al dente.
- In the meantime, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Add a large tablespoon of the boiling pasta water, salt, a generous amount of freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, parmesan, basil and parsley. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add the sautéed bacon and stir.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add them to the bowl.
- Mix really well for about 2-3 minutes, until the sauce comes together and thickens.
- Serve with chili flakes, grated parmesan, rocket leaves and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.