- 300 g smoked bacon, slab
- 500 g linguine pasta
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 ml heavy cream 35% fat
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 pinches garlic powder
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ bunch basil, finely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a deep, nonstick pan over medium heat and let it get hot.
- Chop the slab of bacon in to cubes.
- Add it to the pan and sauté until golden.
- Boil the linguine in a pot full of salted boiling water, according to the directions on the package. They should be cooked al dente.
- In the meantime, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Add a large tablespoon of the boiling pasta water, salt, a generous amount of freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, parmesan, basil and parsley. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add the sautéed bacon and stir.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add them to the bowl.
- Mix really well for about 2-3 minutes, until the sauce comes together and thickens.
- Serve with chili flakes, grated parmesan, rocket leaves and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.