- 300 g smoked bacon, slab
- 500 g linguine pasta
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 ml heavy cream 35% fat
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 pinches garlic powder
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ bunch basil, finely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Place a deep, nonstick pan over medium heat and let it get hot.
- Chop the slab of bacon in to cubes.
- Add it to the pan and sauté until golden.
- Boil the linguine in a pot full of salted boiling water, according to the directions on the package. They should be cooked al dente.
- In the meantime, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Add a large tablespoon of the boiling pasta water, salt, a generous amount of freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, parmesan, basil and parsley. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add the sautéed bacon and stir.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add them to the bowl.
- Mix really well for about 2-3 minutes, until the sauce comes together and thickens.
- Serve with chili flakes, grated parmesan, rocket leaves and freshly ground pepper.
Pasta is always best when cooked al dente because they are not so heavy on the stomach and easier to digest!
Rate this recipe You need to login