- 1/2 kilo shrimps, Νο 2 frozen
- 250 g linguine
- 750 ml water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tomatoes, ripe
- 50 g butter
- 1 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 50 ml olive oil
- 20 ml ouzo
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- pepper, freshly ground
- 4-5 basil leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated, for serving (optional)
Shrimp Linguine Pasta
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Watch the video in sign language here.
- Defrost the 500 g of shrimps.
- Remove the heads and shells, but leave the tail intact for a nicer presentation. To devein, use a small, sharp knife to make a shallow slit along the back side of the shrimp from the head to the tail in order to expose the vein and remove.
- In a deep pot, add 750 ml water, 1 vegetable bouillon cube and the shrimp heads and tails.
- Cover pot, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Do not simmer any longer than this or your stock will become bitter (from the shrimp's acidity).
- When ready, drain the stock into a container and set aside until needed.
- Place a pan over high heat.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the shrimp, season with salt and some freshly ground pepper.
- When your pan gets nice and hot add the shrimp and saute for 30'' seconds on each side.
- Do not cook the shrimp any longer so they can remain soft and juicy.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Place pan back over high heat.
- Coarsely chop an onion... and add it to the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 a teaspoon of granulated sugar, a pinch of chili flakes.
- Thinly slice 1 clove of garlic and add it to the pan, add 20 ml of ouzo.
- While the ouzo evaporates, finely chop 2 ripe tomatoes and into the pan.
- Now your can add your stock and your pasta. Start mixing and lower heat to medium high.
- Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring often.
- When your sauce has thickened, add 50 g of butter and mix, the butter will help thicken your sauce further.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add the shrimp, finely chop 4-5 basil leaves and sprinkle over the top, thinly slice 1 spring onion and sprinkle, grate the zest of 1 lemon and mix.
- Add some grated parmesan and mix again.
- If you would like to make a special presentation pick up some pasta with a carving fork, twist and place nicely on the middle of a plate.
- Add a sprig of basil, some grated parmesan, some freshly ground pepper and for a final touch, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by