- 1 fennel bulb, peeled
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel leaves, seeds, lightly beaten
- ginger, peeled and grated
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 liters water
- 400 g crab meat, peeled
- zest, of 1 lemon
- juice, of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 500 g penne
Spicy Penne With Crabmeat
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Thinly slice the finochio on a mandolin.
- Add the finochio, garlic, chili, fennel and ginger.
- Sauté until they release their aroma and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover pan and simmer sauce for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, place a pot full of 4 liters of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the penne and cook according to the directions on the box.
- When ready, reserve a cup of the pasta water, drain and set aside.
- To the sauce, add the crabmeat, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- When ready, add the pasta to the sauce and toss. Add some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary.
- Add the lemon zest, parsley.
- Season to taste and serve.
The crab is a very special ingredient with very gentle taste so to come out this taste should not be οvercooked.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by