- 300 g pasta (we recommend shells or any kind of thicker cut pasta shape)
- 250 ml heavy cream 35% fat
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsps. breadcrumbs
- 150 g spinach, finely chopped
- 200 g feta cheese
- olive oil
Baked Pasta with Spinach and Feta Cheese
- Preheat the grill in the oven to 250* C (480* F)
- Add the pasta to a pot of salted, boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes, until al dente. When ready, reserve 100 g of pasta water and drain.
- In a mixer, beat the heavy cream and cream cheese, until fluffy. Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the reserved pasta water. Beat with a hand whisk until the mixture is completely combined.
- Add almost all of the grated cheddar cheese along with the mustard and stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Finally, add the spinach, feta cheese and parsley.
- Transfer both the pasta and the cheese mixture to 23x32 cm baking dish. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, the remaining grated cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and spray with some olive oil.
- Place under the grill, in the oven for 12 minutes.
Make sure the pasta is removed from the boiling water while still al dente, because it will be cooked more in the oven.
Rate this recipe You need to login