- 3 zucchinis
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 300 g orzo pasta
- 200 g white wine
- 1 liter stock, chicken
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch chives
- 150 g gorgonzola
- 125 g almonds, toasted
Orzo with Gorgonzola and Zucchini
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the zucchini in diagonal slices and place in a bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat a non-stick pan until it gets very hot. Add the zucchini slices and sauté until golden. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Wipe the pan and place back on heat. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, until golden and caramelized. Add the garlic and sauté over medium to high heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the orzo. Sauté until slightly golden and add the wine. Turn up heat and cook until the alcohol evaporates completely.
- Add the chicken stock, 100 g at a time. Wait for each addition to be completely absorbed before adding the next. Add as much stock until the orzo is cooked al dente.
- Remove pan from heat and add the herbs, finely chopped. Add the nuts and the gorgonzola coarsely crumbled.
- Add the zucchini last and gently combine. Serve.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by