- 400 g penne
- 4-5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers
- 320 g tuna
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 150-200 g water
- 200 g gruyere cheese
Tuna pasta bake
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- In a pot with boiling water add salt, the penne, and boil them for 2 minutes less than the packet’s instructions.
- Place a frying pan over high heat and add the olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion, the garlic, and add them to the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon thyme, the capers, and sauté.
- Add the tuna, the tomato paste, the canned tomatoes, the water from the pasta, and mix.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Add 150 g gruyere cheese, pepper, and mix well.
- Transfer to a 27x38 cm baking pan and spread well.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices and cover the whole surface of the pasta. Sprinkle with the rest of the gruyere cheese, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon oil from the tuna, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by