Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- In a pot, sauté the onions along with the garlic over high heat, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggplants, peppers and the zucchini last.
- Add a bouillon cube, aromatics and the cherry tomatoes. Sauté until the vegetables have softened.
- Fill a separate pot with water and add a generous amount of salt. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Boil 2 minutes less than the instructions on the box.
- Strain and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the pot with the vegetables and toss.
For the béchamel sauce
- Heat the olive oil with the flour in a pot, over medium heat. Add the bouillon cube. Stir continuously until mixture is pale golden.
- Add the soy milk a little at a time, mixing continuously with a hand whisk so that no lumps of flour form.
- When it starts to thicken, be very careful that it doesn’t start to burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and coriander. Choose according to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Combine 1/3 of the béchamel sauce with the pasta mixture.
- Brush some olive oil to the bottom of a baking pan. Add the pasta mixture. Pour the remaining béchamel sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with some olive oil and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.