- 250 g penne pasta
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g capers
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pinch of sugar
- 220 g tuna, drained from water or oil
- pinch of chili flakes
- 50 g olive rounds
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- juice from ½ a lemon
- ½ bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 100 g heavy cream (optional)
Penne with Tuna
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Boil the penne for 7-8 minutes in a pot full of salted boiling water.
- Place a nonstick pan over high heat, let it get very hot and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Squeeze the capers with your hands until all of the moisture is gone and add them to the hot pan.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes, remove from pan and allow them to drain on paper towels.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Place the same pan over heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and sugar. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until they caramelize.
- Add the tuna and sauté until golden.
- Add the pepper, chili flakes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil (if the pan is dry), olives and tomatoes. Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the juices evaporates.
- Transfer the boiled penne to the pan as well as 1 tablespoon of pasta water.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- When the sauce is ready, add some coarsely chopped dill and the capers.
- Add the heavy cream to thicken the sauce and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve with dill, pepper and some olive oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by