- 150 g slab of bacon, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 10 leaves of fresh sage, finely chopped
- 500 g pumpkin (net weight), peel and seeds removed and cut in to 1 cm cubes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube + 800 g boiling water
- 500 g rigatoni pasta
- salt and pepper
- 150 g gruyere cheese, grated + extra for serving
Rigatoni with Pumpkin and Bacon
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and the cubes of bacon.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion and sage. Sauté until the onion turns light golden.
- Add the cubes of pumpkin and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and bouillon cube.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, until the pumpkin softens and soaks up most of the liquid.
- In the meantime boil the pasta in a pot full of salted boiling. Cook for 2 minutes less than the instructions on the box.
- When ready, reserve a cup of the pasta water and drain.
- Add the pasta to the pot with the pumpkin.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until the pasta soaks up the aroma of the pumpkin.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Add the grated gruyere and stir until it melts.
- Add some pepper and if needed, some salt.
- Serve with extra gruyere cheese.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by