- 500 g rigatoni
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 4 sprig(s) thyme, only the leaves, finely chopped
- 300 g heavy cream 35%
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200 g corn, canned, drained
- 120 g tuna, in water, drained
- 150 g cheddar, grated
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
Rigatoni Tuna and Sun Dried Tomatoes Casserole
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Bring a pot full of salted water to a boil.
- Add the rigatoni and cook for 1 minute less than the instructions on the package. You want the pasta to be al dente.
- While the rigatoni is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Place a deep pan over medium to low heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the heavy cream.
- Stir and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- As soon as the pasta is ready, remove from heat, reserve a cup of pasta water and drain.
- Transfer back to pot or to a bowl and add the sauce, sun dried tomatoes, corn, tuna, cheddar, parsley and pepper. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Transfer to a 25x35 cm baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Preheat oven to broiler and cook for 5-10 minutes, until golden.
Rate this recipe You need to login