- 500 g tortellini
- 50 g butter
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 1 liter milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 150 g kasseri cheese, grated
- 150 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 150 g cheddar, grated
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 150 g bacon
Four-cheese tortellini mac 'n' cheese
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- In a pot with boiling water, add salt and the tortellini. Boil for 2 minutes less than the packet’s instructions.
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the butter. As soon as it melts, add the flour and mix with a hand whisk.
- Add the milk in batches, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens and there is a bechamel sauce.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the heat and add pepper, the thyme, and cheeses except for 50 g. Stir well until they melt. Add the nutmeg and mix.
- Drain the tortellini and add them to the bechamel sauce. Mix and transfer to a 40 cm ovenproof dish.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Cut the bacon into small cubes and add them to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Drain the bacon from the excess oil and transfer it over the tortellini.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by