How to temper chocolate
- In a bowl add 250 g coarsely chopped chocolate and transfer over a pot with simmering water, creating a bain-marie.
- Stir with a spatula until the chocolate melts completely and reaches 50ο C (120ο F).
- Remove from the heat and add 150 g shaved chocolate in two batches. Stir well with a spatula until it melts completely.
- Transfer the bowl with the chocolate into a bowl with ice-cold water and stir until it reaches 32ο C (89ο F).
- Spread the chocolate onto a silicone baking mat using a spatula, and let it stabilize. Alternatively, fill some silicone molds for chocolates or other recipes like the chocolate sphere and flower and serve.