How to cut an avocado
- Remove the stem of the avocado. If it comes off easily and is beige, then the avocado is ripe. If it doesn’t come off easily and is white, then the avocado is likely not ripe. If the stem is dark brown, then the avocado is overripe.
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Use a knife to remove the pit.
- Take out the flesh from the one half of the avocado and place it on a cutting board. Cut it into thin slices and serve on toasted bread with olive oil.
- Use a knife to cut the flesh of the other avocado half in a crisscross pattern, without cutting the peel.
- Press the flesh lightly and remove the cubes from the avocado. Serve with any type of salad you like.