How to cut up a whole chicken
- To cut up a whole chicken it is important to use a very sharp knife.
- Begin by removing the thighs.
- Cut between the body and the leg.
- Grab hold of the leg and twist to remove it from the socket and cut away any remaining connection of flesh.
- Turn chicken over and slice off the wings.
- Turn it straight up and cut it in half, separating the breasts from the backbone.
- Remove any fat or skin.
- Place the chicken breast, skin side down on the cutting board and run your knife between the breasts to divide them.
- Cut each breast in half and slice off the wing tips.
- Bring the thighs back and separate the drumstick from the thigh.
- Make a small cut at the leg joint twist to dislocate and cut through the flesh and skin to separate the two halves.
- Your whole chicken is now nicely cut up in to portions!