How to properly add oil to phyllo dough
- Remove the phyllo dough from the package and cut the tape with a pair of scissors.
- Spread the sheets of phyllo dough out on a clean working surface.
- Brush the baking pan with some olive oil and spread one sheet of phyllo dough in it.
- Dip a pastry brush into the olive oil and drizzle over the sheet of phyllo dough without letting the brush directly touch the phyllo.
- Cover with a second sheet of phyllo and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add your choice of filling and cover with the remaining sheets of phyllo dough, following the same process as before.
- The reason you don’t allow the pastry brush to touch the sheets of phyllo dough because they will stick together and won’t bake correctly.