How to roast chestnuts
- There are 3 different ways you can cook chestnuts.
- Divide the chestnuts into 3 batches.
In the microwave
- Cut the chestnuts in half.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water so that they don’t dry out.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes at 800 watts.
- When ready, remove from microwave and remove plastic wrap.
In the oven
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Make a shallow incision with a small, sharp knife in a crisscross manner. This will help the chestnuts cook quicker and will keep them from exploding.
- Transfer to a baking pan and add 2 tablespoons of water so that they don’t dry out.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Press the sharp blade of a knife on the top of the chestnuts and make an incision. Repeat the same process to create a crisscross incision.
- Transfer to a pot and add enough water to completely cover the chestnuts.
- Place pot over high heat.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, cook for 25-30 minutes.
Your chestnuts are ready! Now you have chestnuts in the microwave, in the oven and boiled!! 3 different ways to suit everyone’s tastes!!