How to Skin Tomatoes
Have you ever needed to peel the skin off a tomato? In some recipes it is required…. and also…. for some people the tomato skin is hard to digest.
- We are going to need a kitchen torch, a bowl with ice water and a fork (in case you don’t have a kitchen torch, you can always use your gas top stove).
- Insert the fork into a tomato at the stem.
- Holding the fork from its handle Burn the tomato’s skin with the torch or the gas stove. It helps if we score the tomato first.
- immediately place in the ice water.
- In 1 minute, the skin will come off very easily just with your fingers.
- Also, it will give a great, smoky flavor