How to prepare avocados
- Use a sharp knife and preferably a ripe avocado.
- To check if it is ripe, simply press down on it with your fingers gently. If it yields to the pressure of your fingers, it is ripe.
- If it is not ripe, place it in a paper bag, along with an apple.
- Close bag and let it ripen.
- Cut the avocado in half by slicing in to it with your knife, beginning from the narrower end at the top and running your knife down the center, lengthwise around the pit.
- To separate the two halves, use both hands to twist and rotate each half in the opposite direction. They will come apart very easily.
- If you see some skin from the pit remain on the avocado flesh, it means the avocado was not ripe enough.
- Hold one half of the avocado in the palm of your hand and use a spoon to help you scoop the flesh nicely and easily out of the skin.
- You can chop it up …
- or slice it up…as needed!