How to peel and devein shrimp
- Use a knife to chop off the head of the shrimp.
- Use the back of a spoon to remove the shell.
- You can leave the tail on for a nicer presentation.
- Run a sharp knife along the back of the shrimp, just on the surface so that you can expose the vein. Remove it and discard.
- You can either leave them whole or butterfly them.
- In order to butterfly them, press down on the back with a knife break and remove the top part of the tail.
- Flip the shrimp over and cut off the edge to make it look nicer.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat the same process with the rest.
- Do not discard the heads and shells just boil them in a pot along with some water for 20 minutes to make a nice stock.
This is the easiest way to peel and devein shrimp!!