How to cut a mango
- Make sure that your mango is nice and ripe.
- To check if it is ripe enough, press down on it with your fingers and it should be soft and give way a little. Also, its color should be quite yellow and not green.
- You will need a knife and a fork to begin.
- Slice a small piece off the bottom of the mango, so that it is able to balance upright on a cutting board.
- Hold the mango with the wide side facing directly in front of you, vertically.
- Insert the knife in to the mango, until your knife finds resistance on the pit, then slant the knife a little so that you can continue cutting around the pit on one side.
- Cut the other side in exactly the same way.
- Cut away any flesh attached to the pit, to loosen it and discard the pit.
- To remove the flesh from the peel, place the mango in front of you so that the wide side is parallel to you.
- Slice the flesh with the knife, without ripping the flesh.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
- You can also cut the flesh in a crisscross manner and then press the peel upward to expose the flesh.
- Carefully cut away the cubes of flesh from the peel.
- Cut off any remaining flesh with your knife.
- Cut mango in to any size pieces you like.
- In this quick and easy way your mango is ready to eat!