How to melt chocolate in a bain marie or water bath
- Place a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Make sure the bowl is very clean and does not have any moisture in it or else the chocolate will split.
- Warning – The bowl should not touch the surface of the water at all.
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces and place in the bowl.
- Stir with a spatula. Always use a spatula so that no bubbles form.
- When the chocolate almost melts, remove bowl from heat and place on a towel.
- Stir with spatula until every last piece of chocolate melts completely.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and the melted chocolate is ready to use as needed!!